Happy Full Moon loves. It’s that time of the month — the time to LET GO. The Full Moon is a powerful time of illumination, letting go, and harvesting the fruit of the seeds we plant.
When the moon is full, we as humans may also feel full: full of chaos, full of joy, full of emotions, full of energy, you get the idea. The tides are highest around full moons as well. There is a fullness that is palpable, and sometimes overwhelming. Because the full moon is a time of harvest, it’s a great time to clear the decks, let some things go, leave them behind, and harvest the fruits of your labor!
What to Expect
You may experience a sudden change in emotions or circumstances around the Full Moon. That’s because the moon emits energy that affects us all, and sometimes, causes shifts that can feel like chaos in our lives. Just ask nurses, bartenders, and school teachers! They always know when the moon is full because they witness more erratic behavior in their patients, patrons, and students. There’s a reason we use the term “lunatic” — feeling crazed or out of sorts by the moon is a very real and natural thing.
As humans, we must remember that we are deeply connected with nature. How we feel around lunar energy is a frequent and often powerful reminder of this.
The best way to navigate any changes experienced around the full moon is to observe yourself within them. How are you responding? How do you feel?
Are you resisting? Judging? Creating negative opinions or thought patterns? We all feel it, there’s no guilties or shamsies here. The human experience is anything but original. We share our ability to feel joy and suffering alike. Take inventory. Take the seat of the observer. Witness what’s coming up for you.
Then see if you can shift your mindset. Look for something within your experience to feel gratitude for. Create a new thought cycle.
Create thoughts centered around how strong and capable you are.
Create thoughts centered around how worthy you are of our desires, hopes, and dreams.
Find joy in nature: a blue sky, a bird, a body of water, a span of forests or mountains.
Shift your energy by walking outside or changing your relationship with gravity (i.e. go upside down and do an inversion).
You always have the power to create something new. You always have a choice.
A simple shift in mindset can change everything.
“This is a powerful full moon with a call to discover deep desires from the inside.
Your purpose today is to move forward into a positive future.”
— The Power Path
Full Moon Rituals
The full moon is also a great time to LET GO. It’s a chance to release negative forces and choose to absorb healing, positive energy. When the moon is in an Earth sign (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn), burying or burning a list of what you want to release can be therapeutic. Ask yourself:
What can I let go of that is no longer serving me?
What is in the way of what I desire to experience more of?
What is holding me back from being the most honest version of myself?
- Clear your energetic field.
- Take a salt bath, give yourself a salt scrub exfoliation, wash your hands with salt, burn palo santo or copal and use the smoke to cleanse your energy, take several deep + cleansing breaths, meditate, etc.
- On a piece of paper, write down all that you wish to RELEASE from your life.
- Hint: start with “I am now releasing… ”
- Declare out loud “I am now releasing… and embracing… (what you desire)”
- For extra effect, do this exercise with each item on the list.
- Fold it in half away from you (like you’re moving the words away from you). Crumple it up into a ball.
- Burn, throw away, or bury the paper outside and release its contents into the Universe.
- It’s in the past. Let it stay there.
- Feel lighter, more free, and at ease.
Your “letting go” list may include some big items — like a job or relationship — and it may include something more subtle, like a limiting belief system, thought pattern, way of seeing yourself, etc.
Either way: Let. That. Shit. Go. SO YOU CAN CREATE SPACE FOR WHAT YOU ACTUALLY WANT!
Crystals, Crystals, Crystals
Another one of my favorite full moon rituals involves crystals. If you have some at home, you can amplify their healing power by charging them under the light of the full moon. Here’s how:
- Gently cleanse your crystals in salt.
- Simply place them directly on salt or in saltwater (if they’re water safe) for a few hours to clear their energy. Heavier congestion may require 24-48 hours. You’ll know, you’ll feel it. Trust yourself.
- Set your crystals outside just after sunset.
- Place them on a scarf, cloth napkin, or directly on the earth.
- Shape them into a crystal mandala if you’re feeling it!
- Release any negative emotions as you do so.
- Have fun.
- Allow your crystals to sit out overnight. Maybe 2 or 3 nights if you’d like.
- Bring them inside and infuse them with your new intentions and desires.
- Simply hold each in your hand and send the energy of your intention through your hands into the stone.
- Place them around your house, on your altar, in a crystal grid, on your person, etc. and let them support your journey.
I have an excellent stock of affordable crystals that I’d love to share with you! It’s my intention to provide clear, harmoniously charged crystals with energetic integrity that you can trust.
Connect With Me
As this and many future moons emerge, know that I’m always here to support you in shifting, healing, and navigating change along your path. Please connect with me if you have any questions. Let me know how I can support you!